Hiya and welcome again to Equity, a podcast concerning the enterprise of startups, the place we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
This week was a great week as a result of we had the complete group again collectively. Natasha Mascarenhas was available, Mary Ann Azevedo was on the mic, and Alex Wilhelm was round as properly. Grace, our ever-trusty producer and lead on the Friday present, was on the dials.
As with practically each week this yr, we needed to lower and lower to make the present match into its allotted time. That is what we obtained into:
- Transient updates on SoftBank, Better.com, and Elon’s quest to buy Twitter.
- On the offers entrance, we talked about Mary Ann’s coverage of Kindred, the newest from the Indian crypto scene and Chipotle. Why Chipotle? As a result of it seems that it is cooking up more than lunch!
- From there we dug into Natasha’s protection of the latest early-stage effort from a16z, and what it may imply for competitors with Y Combinator, amongst different entities. The theme of huge funds going earlier and earlier-stage will be with us forever, it appears.
- Shares of Netflix took a hammering this week. Why? Development on the firm is on maintain, at the very least from a person perspective. We took the possibility to talk concerning the pandemic’s tailwinds tailing off. This impacts a number of startups, each huge and small.
- From there we stored the cheery notice afloat by talking about live audio apps and their future. There’s some tremors afoot, even when everybody likes to speak.
And with that we’re again subsequent week!